Blog Archive

Thursday, December 27, 2012

My overday potato kugel

What's a chasiddishe home without potato kugel for shabbos? Being that I'm a busy balabuste I cook all my food on Thursday. I will be posting a shabbos recipe every Thursday if you have any recipes you would like to see here, just whistle..... leave a comment.

When I was growing up there was no such thing as overnight kugel, let alone overday kugel. The concept wasn't born yet, now a days  who doesn't love it? It's served at every simcha and gathering.
Being that I sometimes work on Thursday's I like to come home to a wonderfully smelling home, mind you so do my kids. Today when we walked in all together after an exhausting day this delicious dish awaited us!
Enjoy and a gut shabbos!!

Recipe:
8 potatoes
6 eggs
1/2 c oil
3/4 T salt
Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450
I grate the potatoes with my braun food processer, with the special kugel blade
Add the oil, potatoes,salt & pepper
mix by hand ( this is the trick to good kugel,so says my mother)
Pour in a 9x13 pan.
bake @ 450 for one hour, then reset the oven to 300, pour one cup water over kugel  and cover tightly with foil.
Place on top rack, on the lower rack place another 9x13 filled halfway with water.
Let it bake all day or all night.
Bon appetite!

4 comments:

  1. hey wanna try ur recipe, I'm just afraid to lv it overnight while i'm sleeping. wont it burn on 300 for so many hrs??

    ReplyDelete
  2. For overnight I would put it on 275,and if you seal it tightly it should be fine.
    Let me know how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it matter what type of grater you use for he potatoes and how small it is? Let's say I used a ninja grater or one by hand?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many hours is all day or night? 8?

    ReplyDelete