Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Baked pastrami egg rolls

I have this foodie friend Chaye, I think every foodie needs such a buddy!
We share our passion for cooking, baking and anything food related.
It's just not fair that our waists don't agree with our passion :)
We love to check out lots of new restaurants, and try all kinds of different recipes at home.
She is my go to when I need any new and exciting recipes.
I needed something easy and presentable for tonight since I am sending supper to a neighbor. She gave me this recipe, At first when she mentioned egg rolls I was like come on something easier, but then I realized that no deep frying is involved. No hassle and no fat oh Yes it's definitely a winner. Thanks chaye !

1 package whole wheat 6" wraps
Oil for Sauteeing
4 slices pastrami shredded
4 slices smoked Turkey shredded
1 onion diced
2 T duck sauce plus some more to schmear the top
1/2 T  mustard
Saute onion, close flame and add pastrami, turkey, duck sauce and mustard.
Fill each wrap with 1 T mixture roll it up cigar style.
at the edges schmear some duck sauce so it won't open up when it is baking.
Place on a lined cookie sheet, the edges facing down and schmear some duck sauce on top,
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes covered, uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment